Friday, September 23, 2011

Comida Mexicana

More Mexican recipes.   This last week was Mexico's independence day.  Jake and I celebrated with food, friends, and Margaritas.  We had a great time. Here is a little on what was served.  


children fighting for tortillas


We made Carnitas de Res (cubed steak), I think it was a success, plus we had fresh made tortillas, nothing beats that.  


Uno: now I am saying if you can invest in a Le Creuset do it, they heat quickly and evenly.  Now, splash in a bit of olive oil and three garlic cloves, once they are browned and the sarten is hot you can then toss in your beef.


Beef ought to be seasoned with fresh ground pepper and fresh sea salt


I give the beef three minutes on each side then I lowered the temperature to its very lowest degree. 


Dos:  Once the beef is browned I toss in one chopped head of cilantro, green onion, one jalapeño, and two finely chopped organic vine tomatoes. 


Tres: allow all of these wonderful flavors to simmer together for ten more minutes then serve. 


WARNING: you do not want to over cook the beef, be very cautious with you steak.  


I serve this main course with tortillas or rice. 




                                                                         Pura Vida
                           
                                                                               M

1 comment:

  1. So, I got up the nerve to make this the other night . . . SO delicious!! I wasn't really able to pull off the homemade tortillas, but got some from Whole Foods that were really authentic. Anyway, it was so savory and delicious. Loving your recipes.

    Any thoughts on hanger steak? We've been doing that a lot on our grill, and marinading it in lime juice, soy sauce, cumin and red pepper flakes. It's great, but I'm ready for a change...

    Also, I'll never forget a meal I had at your house back in NYC that was chicken thighs maybe, or Filipino Chicken, something like that?? It was so good... do you know what I'm talking about? Would love that recipe as well!

    ReplyDelete