Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Holy Mole!!!!

Do you love Mole? I do and it is difficult to find a great homemade version of it in NYC. New York has everything, but amazing Mexican cuisine at every corner.  Last week a friend from Queens says they have a homemade mole source, to cost, 5 dollars. Unbelievable!!! I thought this I need to try. It came in this package and I knew this Mole would be extraordinary. 


You maybe asking yourself, why don't you make your own Mole, well the answer is simple, it is too much work!!! Some moles have at least 20 ingredients in them and the process includes roasting, grinding, and resting for long periods of time. No Gracias!!!


The process is simple if you have a great Mole to break down, warm a sarten and place your Mole in the warm pan. Then stir in chicken broth, until it reaches the consistency you so desire. This batch last two days and feed 15 people, HOLY MOLE!!!! 


When the sauce is at the consistency you like just spoon the sauce over chicken and rice. If you like the real Mexican version of it eat the dish with tortillas. I know it sounds like a carb over load, but let me tell you, it will be worth it!! 


                                                                                Carinos,


                                                                                      M

1 comment:

  1. I really need to visit and I can learn dome yummy dishes. This looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete